NEUF Architect(e)s is seeking an architect to join its offices in either Ottawa, Toronto or Montreal, Canada.
NEUF Architect(e)s is a team of creative professionals who have been contributing to Canada’s built environment for nearly 50 years. Active in all sectors, including strategic planning, urban design, institutional, resorts and hotels, residential, interiors, commercial, industrial and office buildings, the firm specialises in finding creative solutions to today’s most challenging design problems. With offices in Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto, NEUF Architect(e)s has grown into one of the most diversified architecture and design practices in the country. Over the years, NEUF has completed hundreds of projects, including landmarks such as the CBC Headquarters in Ottawa, Bombardier facilities in Mirabel and Dorval, and many of the towers animating our cities’ skylines, including its key role in the newly completed CHUM super-hospital. Recipient of multiple design awards – including recent wins at the World Architecture Festival in Berlin and Amsterdam – NEUF architect(e)s is currently involved in projects across the Americas, Europe and Asia.
With the arrival of a new generation of partners and its renewal as NEUF in 2012, the firm has seen consistent growth and a renewed focus on design excellence. To further this expansion, NEUF is looking for talented individuals to join each of its three offices, working towards our long-term vision of becoming a truly pan-Canadian practice.
The ideal candidate for the position of architect (or intern architect) shall have strong conceptual design talent and/or relevant technical experience (facades, cores, structure, and building codes), having coordinated architectural work with consultants. The ideal candidate shall also be highly motivated, inquisitive and collaborative with a calm, resilient and determined nature, offering solutions with a strategic and critical mind-set.
The architect (or intern architect) will work closely with and report directly to the partner-in-charge.
- collaborate with the design team through all project phases to ensure the projects are technically sound, in line with brief and contractual milestones
- assist and work with the team in establishing an overall design vision, technical feasibility and workflow
- coordinate with consultants, specification writer, QA/QC peers and product vendors
- oversee and ensure project work deadlines are met
- assist with site supervision
- master’s degree in architecture, masterplanning, design or relevant field
- registered architect in a Canadian province is preferred but not a requirement
- three+ years of proven experience in all phases of design process, preferably in renowned offices
- strong conceptual and design talent
- strong Revit, Rhino and Adobe Suite skills
- knowledge of current market expectations and industry trends
- excellent knowledge and experience in early design phases such as concept and schematic design
- excellent knowledge of detailing, construction documents and consultant coordination
- familiarity with building codes, products and materials
- motivated, positive, resilient with excellent strategic and critical mind-set
- confidence in working on challenging projects, ability to set priorities and manage a number of tasks concurrently
- good interpersonal skills, ability to work independently as well as in a team
- for applicants to Montreal office, knowledge of French is an asset
- fluent in written and spoken English with strong communication skills.
- flexibility for occasional travel
- visa or qualifications to work in the Canadian market
Salary and benefits
We offer very competitive salary and benefits. The position is permanent and full-time (37.5 hours per week).
To be considered, please apply using the ‘apply’ link below with a CV and examples of your work (ideally in PDF format, 10MB maximum size) and a cover letter stating your salary expectations and reasons why you would like to join us.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.