Nex Architecture is seeking a Part 2 architectural assistant to join its studio in London.
Nex is a London-based architecture studio working on distinctive projects inspired by place, people and atmosphere.
We design interiors, buildings and places that connect architecture to the city by tightly integrating with the public realm. We work with blue-chip clients on a diverse range of project types including education, arts and culture, leisure, work, living and transport. Current projects include a library for the University of Oxford, housing for the University of Cambridge, and workplace, public realm and residential projects in London.
We have a portfolio of beautifully crafted built work that has won multiple awards and been acclaimed internationally. This year, Nex were shortlisted by Dezeen for the world’s best leisure project and named BD Public Realm Architect of the Year.
We have a vacancy for an ambitious and experienced Part 2 architectural assistant to join our friendly team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of project uses and scales, following projects from concept through to construction.
We want to meet candidates who have the following attitude and experience:
- talented creative designer with a good eye for detail
- three years’ work experience in the UK post-Part 2
- excellent communication skills with a confident manner
- great initiative and independent problem solving
- strong team player
- demonstrated fluency in Rhino, 2D Vectorworks, and Vectorworks Architect BIM
- proficient with Adobe CS Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- good sketching ability and able to communicate ideas graphically
- good rendering and visualisation skills
Our team is young, cosmopolitan, ambitious and committed. We offer an exceptional mentoring and training experience in a great central London environment.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and available to start by February ‘21.
To apply, please submit:
- a cover letter introducing yourself and your background and experience
- a CV and portfolio
- a short 1-3 minute video telling us why you believe you would make a great addition to our team
Please submit these using the ‘apply’ link below. Total file size should be under 20MB. Please do not send links to online portfolios.
Nex are an equal opportunities employer. No agencies please.