Nex is seeking a Part 2 architectural assistant to join its studio in central London.
We are a London-based architecture studio working on distinctive projects inspired by place, people and atmosphere.
We design interiors, buildings and places that connect architecture to the city by closely integrating public realm. We work with prestigious clients on a diverse range of project types including higher education, arts and culture, leisure, work, living and transport. Current projects include a library for the University of Oxford, projects at the British Museum, and workplace, public realm and residential projects across London.
We have a portfolio of beautifully crafted built work that is distinctive for its focus on people’s experience and material innovation. Our completed buildings have won multiple awards and received international media attention. Last year, we won the AJ UK Leisure Project of the Year, and in 2020 we were named BD Public Realm Architect of the Year.
We have a vacancy for an ambitious Part II architectural assistant to join our close-knit team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects from concept through to construction.
We’d love to meet you if you have the following skills and experience:
- a talented creative designer with a great eye for detail
- excellent communication skills with a confident and approachable manner
- strong initiative and independent problem solving
- a considerate team player
- excellent rendering, visualisation and graphic skills
- fluency in 2D and 3D Vectorworks BIM, and Rhino preferred
- an interest or experience with grasshopper and other parametric plugins a bonus
- proficient with Adobe CS Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- good sketching ability and able to communicate ideas graphically
Our team is young, cosmopolitan, ambitious and committed. We offer an exceptional mentoring and training experience in a collaborative central London studio.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. We are an equal opportunities employer.