Nike is seeking a digital footwear engineer to join its team in Portland, Oregon.
The NXT digital studio provides a competitive advantage to our creation teams by fueling product innovation and craft. To accomplish this, we leverage the power of modern technologies, skillsets and services. We are seeking a digital footwear engineer II who has a strong expertise in 2D and 3D design and engineering software, and an understanding of footwear product engineering is a benefit. As our digital footwear engineer II, you’ll work with the footwear engineering team to identify new digital capabilities and to streamline product design, development and manufacturing. You’ll leverage your expertise of 2D and 3D software design tools to help engineer and manufacture a great product. You will have a solid understanding of product engineering and manufacturing best practices. You also are familiar with advanced digital skills such as computational design and understand how to integrate them with footwear engineering best practices. In your portfolio of work, you should have clear examples of how you’ve worked on key product lines with complex engineering requirements. You’ll collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams and participate in the creation of a best-in-class product.
You can learn more about the Nike Digital Innovation Studio team’s work here
- work hands-on to digitally engineer products leveraging industry standard 2D and 3D software technologies
- research, prove the plausibility and build scalable solutions for new advanced design capabilities such as computational design
- multi-task and concurrently execute on several products
- partner on the product lifecycle process with the design, development and engineering organizations
- collaborate with NXT (Nike innovation) and product creation partners to drive towards process and technology change
- participate on multiple interdisciplinary project teams
- clearly communicate project status and manage priorities
- ensure all deliverables are of the highest quality
- work in an independent fashion, solve problems, make decisions, and communicate effectively in difficult situations
- excellent oral and written communication skills including meeting facilitation and making persuasive presentations
Requirements for the position include:
- bachelor’s degree in industrial, mechanical, structural or chemical engineering
- in lieu of degree, 8-10 years of work experience in a similar role
- several examples of successfully launched products that demonstrate complex product engineering solutions
- at least six+ years’ experience using 2D and 3D design software
- prefer three+ years’ experience in computational design or advanced CAD design
- prefer five+ years’ experience in footwear product development or engineering
- demonstrated ability to solve complex products
- ability to develop simple and elegant solutions to complex engineering problems
- ability to collaborate as part of a multi-disciplinary team; communicate and influence throughout organizations
- must be organized, able to act independently, and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment
- can work with grace under pressure
- expert skills with Rhino, Grasshopper and other CAD software. Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator) is a plus.
If interested, please apply here.