OMA has an opportunity for a BIM coordinator to join its team in Rotterdam, Netherlands.
OMA is looking for a talented, technically orientated and dynamic BIM coordinator to work within a team on projects, from schematic design through to technical and construction phases. This is a project-based role coordinating the digital delivery of projects, liaising with external consultants and providing technical support for the project team.
We are looking for a candidate with a strong and proven background of delivering and coordinating projects in Revit, who can utilise this to drive and educate the project teams digital delivery of complex projects.
Applicants should have a passion for architectural design and project delivery, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and enjoy working in flexible environments.
The successful candidate will be embedded within a project team, reporting directly to their project leader and the head of BIM, supported by the practice’s digital design and technology group.
- understand the design project through its work stages and ability to manage/deliver this to completion
- provide day-to-day technical support and ad-hoc training for BIM workflows to the project team
- lead where needed the internal and external BIM coordination meetings of complex projects
- work with the digital design and technology team to setup projects, maintain project BIM models and ensure they satisfy the prescribed project-specific BIM requirements and OMA BIM standards
- take responsibility, where required by the project leader, for specific areas of the design coordination
- liaise with external design team, external project BIM team and associated organisations
- ensure OMA procedures, standards and workflows are applied and communicated to the project teams
Requirements, qualities and skills:
- master’s degree in architecture or urban planning
- minimum five years’ post-graduate working in architecture
- experience in a similar role, including leading digital coordination workshops with project design teams
- strong proficiency in Revit is essential, demonstrated by experience with delivering, collaborating in and coordinating complex projects to BIM standards
- initiative and proactive working methodology
- understanding of the of the architect’s role in the project coordination and integration of the wider design teams project information
- proficiency in AutoCAD, Rhino and Adobe Suite
- strong attention to detail
- good working proficiency in English
- fluency in another language is an asset
- resilient to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritise duties and work effectively under pressure while remaining calm and professional at all times
- good interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as part of an effective team
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom