OMA has an opportunity for a BIM support specialist to join its team in Rotterdam, Netherlands.
OMA is looking for an architect with specialised skills in digital delivery of projects to join the digital design and technology group in Rotterdam. This is a non-project role providing technical support to the studio’s architects, supporting their project digital delivery, using design authoring tools (primarily Revit).
The BIM support specialist is a key role within the studio’s digital design and technology group supporting all projects through all stages. Responsibilities include technical upskilling and mentoring architects to facilitate their becoming more efficient, productive and familiar with the digital design strategy, technology and workflows.
Excellent communication skills are required. As part of this, the BIM support specialist will integrate into project teams for extended periods as required, lead training sessions, provide regular project progress updates to the head of BIM which will be used to inform standards, processes and staff resourcing.
- provides technical support to the architects, supporting their digital delivery, using design-authoring tools
- resolve technical project issues both whilst embedded into teams and on an ad-hoc basis
- maintain model reviews and analysis across all projects, delivered in digital tools
- create and develop technical documentation
- collaborate with BIM coordinators in setting up each project in BIM
- monitors the models for quality and content throughout the project delivery process and at specific project delivery milestones
- review new content and maintain Revit content library
- monitors and tracks team compliance with OMA BIM standards and guidelines
- support interoperability between multiple software applications
- participates in firm-wide BIM coordinators workshops
- adapt and maintain OMA software standards and templates
- work directly with content and computation specialists to supplement resources
- engage with live project teams to give software/process training to new and existing users
- expand project team delivery and construction knowledge with digital design authoring tools
Qualities and skills:
- minimum three years’ experience working in an architectural design and project delivery environment
- minimum three years’ experience working with BIM Level 2 large scale projects with the Autodesk Building Design Suite
- strong working knowledge of Revit and Revit family creation
- experience in delivering software/process training to new and existing users
- self-motivated and capable of autonomous work to drive efficiency throughout the studio; able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to short and long term tasks
- able to work on more than one project simultaneously
- excellent communication skills (English language is spoken in the studio)
- excellent organisation skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- resilient to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritise duties and work effectively under pressure while remaining calm and professional at all times
- willing to autonomously and continuously develop new skills beyond their core knowledge
- interest in current BIM-related developments, tools and software
- architecture degree or equivalent