OMA is seeking a senior architect with masterplanning experience to join its firm in New York, USA.
OMA’s New York office is looking for senior architect with masterplanning experience with conceptual design talent and extensive planning experience.
The ideal candidate has to have experience in building client relationships, leading and mentoring a team, and completing extremely high-quality work. At this position, you will be responsible for all conceptual, design and technical phases of projects (including playing a long-term advisory role for the client). In addition to leading a design team, you will be responsible for collaborating with external consultants and/or any concerned parties, and preparing technical and financial proposals. The selected candidate will work directly with the partner-in-charge and will manage all phases of the design.
- master’s degree in architecture
- eight-plus years of proven experience in internationally renowned offices
- experience on large scale urban planning/masterplanning projects including program and concept development, preferably in Canada
- track record of realized and/or published projects
- demonstrable ability and experience in design; from concept to detail, through to construction
- good knowledge of Canadian urban regulations and operational procedures is crucial
- excellent communication skills and an understanding of place-making in its planning and development context
- excellent design and technical skills
- strong project management experience
- fluency in English is required
- strong AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino skills
- hands-on approach
- self-disciplined and confident in a complex international environment
- knowledge of OMA’s work is desirable but not mandatory
To apply, please use our online application form to upload your cover letter, resume and portfolio as single PDF files.