Paul Smith is looking for a lead interior designer to join its London office.
The ideal candidate will be passionate, with demonstrable experience of the creative execution of retail concepts including consumer events and pop up spaces. This role will report to the senior design team and will be responsible for delivering multiple projects simultaneously to set critical paths and budgets. Providing creative designs, technical drawings and specifications for retail projects in the UK and internationally.
- to work alongside the senior designers to design and deliver luxury and brand appropriate retail concepts achieving brand aesthetic, business objectives and quality standards
- deliver projects through all stages of the design and construction process from, brief preparation, concept design, developed design, technical design through to construction and post production evaluation stage
- keep up-to date with new developments in the design industry and present creative ideas, demonstrating innovation and brand relevance
- lead projects in areas of the business that are in need of research and development
- on department specific projects, supervise an internal design team and co-ordinate detail design packages, monitor and oversee the workload of the team and ensure that deadlines are adhered to
- when required ensure all designs meet or exceed required standards in compliance on all projects
Essential experience and skills required:
- a minimum of a 2:1 BA hons architecture degree Part-I or interior architecture/design degree or equivalent
- six years minimum relevant experience in construction documentation and detailing interior design and technical drawings in the luxury design sector
- the ability to effectively work on multiple design projects at once whilst maintaining high standards of work
- highly computer literate with excellent CAD software skills
- confident in defining direction, presenting ideas and communicating effectively across a wider team
- proven experience of coordinating FF&E installation and maintaining FF&E budgets
- experience of attending and leading site visits
- ability to think creatively and visualise design concepts in order to explain these to others
- understanding of construction management design – CDM is essential
- excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- highly organised with exceptional prioritisation and planning skills
- passion and enthusiasm for interior design, architecture and a strong interest in furniture and fashion
- assertive and highly self-motivated with the ability to work to own initiative and meet key deadlines
- proactive with a flexible and adaptable approach, solution oriented
- a team member who has the ability to deal with people at all levels in order to build effective working relationships both internally and externally
- well-presented and smart appearance
- able to travel in the UK and internationally as required
In addition to the annual salary this role attracts:
- generous clothing allowance
- discretionary discount on PSL goods
- an annual leave entitlement of 28 days, inclusive of bank holidays increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 33 days
How to Apply:
Please apply on our portal at: www.jobtrain.co.uk/paulsmith/displayjob.aspx?jobid=735
On applying please include:
- cover letter
- your current salary and salary expectations
- a link to your work examples totalling no more than 10 pages that is live for a minimum of at least four weeks
- please note the closing date for applications is 13/10/2017.
Applications are welcomed from all sections of the community.
Please note that only successful applicants will be notified.
3D printing technician
at UCL Barlett School of Architecture