Rodic Davidson Architects is seeking an interior designer to join its London-based studio.
Rodic Davidson Architects has recently launched an interior design studio in collaboration with our Bloomsbury-based architecture practice. We are currently recruiting for a talented and highly motivated interior designer to work on our high-end residential projects. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious designer to work alongside our head of interiors to build and establish the brand. Working within a small team you’ll be exposed to all project stages, taking an integral role in the design and the delivery process.
Key day-to-day duties and responsibilities of the interior designer:
- working both independently and within a collaborative design team on multiple projects at all levels of design production
- researching and generating concepts appropriate to the client and/or brand
- design interiors and developing schemes for residential and commercial projects
- producing rendered plans, elevations and perspectives
- creating InDesign presentations for client meetings
- sourcing furniture, lighting, finishes and designing bespoke items
- creating detailed FF&E specifications, GA and joinery drawings packages
- liaising with clients, suppliers, consultants and contractors
- managing FF&E procurement and project budgets
- site meetings, snagging, project installation and on-site creative direction
Successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- three-five years’ experience delivering high-end residential and/or luxury hospitality projects from concept stage through to completion
- BA (Hons) in interior design (or equivalent)
- passion for interior architecture and FF&E, creative ability to design and develop schemes
- a problem-solver, passionate about creative design solutions, with a strong understanding of all aspects of the design process
- confident to work autonomously and manage medium-sized projects from start to finish
- proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign), SketchUp and Estimac (or similar)
- ability to produce detail design drawing packages, including joinery and bespoke furniture
- comprehensive knowledge of UK suppliers and BS Standards
- free-hand sketching ability and visualisation skills
- excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
We are looking for a creative, passionate and self-motivated all-rounder to join our growing design team.
If you think you meet the above requirements and are interested in joining us, please send a CV and work samples in PDF format using the ‘apply’ link below.
Please note your availability and notice period if applicable. Only successful applicants will be contacted for interview.
No recruitment agencies please.