RIBA has an opportunity for an awards manager to join its team in London.
Do you have a passion for architecture? RIBA Awards are an important part of the RIBA’s work and are hugely valued by our members and everyone with an interest in architecture. We are looking for a proactive and pragmatic awards manager to join our busy awards team. The awards manager is responsible for the delivery of the RIBA Awards programme from the point of entry through to the announcement of our winners, working alongside entrants, juries, media partners, building owners and clients. The awards programme includes UK regional and national awards and international awards, fellowships, the Royal Gold Medal as well as the RIBA Stirling Prize
The awards team is central to a network of stakeholders, both internal and external and this is a hands-on and varied role that involves:
- communications with many different teams within the RIBA, architects, and other key external stakeholders to ensure the judging process is thorough and rigorous and that key materials, such as judging information, media collateral and digital assets are up to date and to a high standard
- day to day management of the awards process, including our awards entry system, updates on the website, arranging and attending jury visits and meetings
These are exciting times for the RIBA Awards. Our Awards are evolving as we strive to ensure they remain the Gold Standard of recognition in architecture.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- an excellent knowledge of architecture and the management of the built environment through either academia, professional experience or personal interest
- experience of delivering an awards programme and/or an understanding of the purpose and objectives of such programmes, combined with excellent project management skills
- understanding of managing key stakeholders and the ability to take initiative and deputise for the head of awards