Safdie Architects is seeking an interior designer to join its team in Somerville, Massachusetts.
Safdie Architects is seeking an interior designer with excellent creativity, as well as strong communication and organizational skills to join their international design practice.
Safdie Architects is responsible for the interior design for many of the projects undertaken by the firm in order to ensure the overall design is holistically conceived and integrated. The interior design studio works hand in hand with Moshe Safdie, the firm’s principals, and the architectural teams to design interior spaces across all scales and all project types, from concept design through construction administration.
As a key member of the interiors studio, the interior designer will work to develop interior concepts and ensure the successful delivery of interior design scope within the firm’s projects.
Main duties include:
- participate in the development and advancement of interior design concepts through sketches, models, diagrams, massing studies, and other visual formats
- design and documentation during all phases of a project from concept design through construction administration
- liaise with architectural teams in order to meet project deadlines and reviews
- participate in the research, selection, presentation, and documentation of materials and FF&E schedules
- coordinate with external consultants, product representatives, furniture dealers, vendors, and fabricators
- assist with the ongoing maintenance and development of the ID materials library
Candidates should have demonstrated experience in interior documentation, millwork detailing, and FF&E selection and specification.
The interiors studio is looking forward to finding a candidate who is highly motivated, has the ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment, and possesses a willingness to assume both project-wide and office-related responsibilities.
Headquartered in Somerville, MA with offices in Toronto, Jerusalem, Singapore and Shanghai to support ongoing projects, Safdie Architects is constantly engaged in the design of a diverse range of projects in terms of building type, scale and geographic location. Current work in design and construction includes an expansion of Marina Bay Sands in Singapore; a residential tower in Quito, Ecuador; a library in Boise, Idaho; medical education and research facilities in Sao Paulo, Brazil; a hospital in Cartagena, Colombia; and mixed-use developments in China and Singapore.
- bachelor’s degree in interior design or interior architecture with four-six years of experience in a design studio
- knowledge of graphic programs (Adobe Suite), Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- proficient in CAD and Revit
- all applicants must have the authorization to work within the United States
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and work samples in PDF format using the ‘apply’ link below.