Skidmore, Ownings & Merrill (SOM) is seeking a senior architectural technician to join its practice in San Francisco, USA.
Skidmore, Ownings & Merrill (SOM), one of the most influential design firms in the world, is seeking innovative, creative, independent, and critical thinkers who aspire to the highest standards of excellence. Join our collaborative design practice as a senior architectural technician for the opportunity to build a strong and thriving career.
Desired skills and expertise:
- responsible for various portions of project development including conceptual, schematic, design development and construction documents
- motivate, inspire and effectively lead and coordinate project team members and consultants
- organizes own work efforts
- assists in supervising project document control tasks and maintains quality control of such tasks
- checks and coordinates details and dimensions
- performs material research in preparation of project specifications.
- coordinates with other senior architectural professionals on project to assure continuity and consistency of documentation
- completion of five or six-year architectural degree program
- minimum of five years’ architectural experience
- demonstrated knowledge of programming and functional adjacencies
- general knowledge of architectural practice including site-planning, civil, structural, mechanical, electrical engineering, and construction
- practical knowledge of building codes
- knowledge of building materials, building codes and construction technologies
- demonstrated proficiency in Revit required. Experience in AutoCAD and 3D modeling software such as Rhino are a plus
- strong communication skills
Skidmore, Ownings & Merrill offers opportunities to work on transformational projects, competitive salaries, health insurance, wellness, retirement and financial and work/life plans.
At Skidmore, Ownings & Merrill, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We believe an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our firm, and our community, while also enriching and challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Visit our website to learn more about Skidmore, Ownings & Merrill’s employment policy and how to apply offline.
For more about Skidmore, Ownings & Merrill at the following: www.som.com
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions (architecture, interiors, planning, etc). Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios as part of your application in the section where the application asks you for your resume or CV.
Please apply using our careers portal.