New York, USA
SO–IL is looking for an architectural designer to join its practice in New York, USA.
SO–IL is seeking motivated designers with at least two years of experience. The ideal candidate will have experience on cultural and institutional scale buildings from concept design, schematic design to design development delivery, and familiarity with construction documents.You will be working as a team member and be expected to create new ideas both in collaboration and independently within an international design-driven studio. You will design and produce in drawings, convey architectural concepts, create renderings, build presentation and working models, coordinate with engineers and consultants, and will report directly to the project leader and principals.
- develop architectural studies
- work with Rhino, AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite to prepare and present design proposals to clients
- assist in the production and development of all necessary documents, drawings, models, images, schemes etc related to the design & building process
- lead project teams when necessary
- experience in all project phases preferred
- maintain the ability to work flexibly in a demanding environment
- strong communication skills, with regard to client presentations, meeting organization and preparation
- physical modelling skills required, including digital fabrication, wood, metal and foam, and organizing a maintaining a model shop
- experience on institution-scale projects
- experience in internationally recognized offices is preferred
- flexible and proactive approach
- degree in architecture, design or relevant field
- two to three years’ of experience in a architectural design office
To apply, please complete this Google Form.