Soho House is seeking an intermediate/mid-level project architect to join its team in Los Angeles, USA.
Who we are
Soho House & Co is a collection of members’ clubs, restaurants, hotels, workspaces, and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, North America, Europe and Asia, with new openings planned globally.
Soho House is a platform for creativity and a space for its diverse members to have fun, connect, discover and grow. Our passion is people, and we put members and our team at the heart of everything we do. We promote equality, respect and kindness within our walls, and in every community, we create around the world. At Soho House, culture is everything and we believe that our Houses are only as good as the people who work within them.
The mid-level architect candidate will be a responsible for input on multiple projects, producing high quality work from concept through specification and construction documents.
Reporting to a principal architect, they are expected to share responsibility for architectural design team production and play a key role in setting project teams’ milestones; they are expected to be excellent communicators and have a strong understanding of Soho House Design processes and operational standards.
- compliance with Soho House Design phases requirements
- works closely with the project team following efficient design processes
- works towards and meets project deadlines on specific projects
- ensures the integrity of the agreed design is maintained by participating in the development of the design
- ensures design is approved by appropriate parties, in collaboration with principal architect
- creates project schedules, design drawings and specifications as required
- produces project-specific weekly reports
- assigns project hours to Harvest on a daily basis
- maintains clear communication with entire project team
- responsible for identifying and executing areas for professional development for design team
- master’s degree in architecture required; five to seven years of experience in a similar role preferred
- experience working on projects in the hospitality industry is desirable
- advanced skills in Revit required
- proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative suites required
- must have knowledge of and understand compliance to OSHA and Department of Health requirements specific to building design
- current knowledge of construction-related requirements as they relate to state and local laws and regulations; knowledge and understanding of bid processes and legal contracts also required
- ability to complete projects alongside the senior architect under strict deadlines; ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- strong problem-solving, decision-making and organizational skills
Why work with us
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- healthcare + 401K: full-time employees are eligible for full benefits; medical, dental and vision, as well as retirement fund with a 2% match
- paid time off: full-time employees have sick days and vacation days
- career development: Soho House can progress your career internationally
- learning and development: an extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training and events. Available to all
- team events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to
- family meal: whilst on duty in our houses and restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge
For consideration and to complete your application, please submit a copy of your portfolio 8.5×11 PDF, no larger than 5MB.
We look forward to reviewing your application and thank you for your interest in Soho House.