Ström Architects is looking for a newly qualified architect to join its studio in Hampshire, UK.
Ström Architects is a small, niche architectural practice specialising in the design of contemporary homes.
We currently work on houses all over the UK, as well as Sweden, Spain and the US.
The studio is located in Lymington – a beautiful coastal town two-hour from London and 30 minutes from Southampton or Bournemouth. The location in the New Forest, right on the coast, offers great potential for water sports, cycling and other leisure activities, providing an opportunity for an exciting new start for the right candidate.
The role will be varied so it is important that you are confident at all RIBA work stages and can run your own projects and be flexible in your approach.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills and experience:
- experience of high-end residential work
- a strong design portfolio
- documented technical and detailing experience
- job-running experience from inception to completion an advantage
- ability to work as part of a team but also individually – must be able to take initiative and be creative
- ability to work to a varying workload and tight deadlines
- excellent written and spoken English
- excellent SketchUp skills
- proficient in CAD (we use Vectorworks) and Adobe Suite
- attention to detail is essential – in design, but also writing and presentation of work
- full UK/EU Driving license
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an email using the ‘apply’ link below and include the following:
- an attached letter outlining your experience, ambitions, availability, and salary expectations
- a CV
- a PDF portfolio (maximum 10MB) showcasing your work, including images and text
Please don’t send links for online portfolios.