Studio Roosegaarde is looking for a creative copy/PR manager to join its social design lab in Rotterdam, Netherlands.
About Studio Roosegaarde
Studio Roosegaarde is the social design lab of Dutch artist and innovator Daan Roosegaarde. Together with his team of designers and engineers, Studio Roosegaarde creates landscapes of the future for a better world. The studio connects people, technology, and space to improve daily life in urban environments and spark the imagination.
Internationally acclaimed works include Waterlicht (a virtual flood which shows the power of water), Smog Free Project (the first outdoor air purifier which turns smog into jewellery) and Smart Highway (roads that charge throughout the day and glow at night).
Studio Roosegaarde is located in a former glass factory in the harbour of Rotterdam, the Netherlands also known as the Dream Factory. Here new innovations are developed into smart prototypes for the landscapes of tomorrow. It has vast experience in public space commissions for cities across the world including Beijing, New York, Tokyo, London, and Paris.
About the creative copy/PR manager role
The PR/copywriter is responsible for the all-round management of PR and communications but most of all the storytelling and identity of Studio Roosegaarde. You will be part of a highly dynamic team in a fast pace environment and work on a wide range of projects. Drawing on a background in communication for the international creative industry, you will lead and execute PR strategies and translate our visual projects into press releases, as well as maintaining and expanding the press network in focus areas and countries.
Creative copy/PR manager background:
- experience in a communication role within the creative industry
- ability to write engaging and inclusive narratives that can covert our concepts into experiences
- knowledge and a strong affinity with the design, art, architecture, current affairs, environment and new technology fields
- curious, ambitious, energetic
- international experience, fluent in English and Dutch
- excellent communications (written and oral) and organisational skills
- hands-on approach, self-disciplined and confident in a complex environment
Creative copy/PR manager main responsibilities:
- develop and translate concepts into topic-aware textual statements, in close liaison with the design team
- execute design- and case research to generate a validated and coherent narrative
- develop and execute project communication plans and events for new projects to streamline and maximize visibility
- arrange and coordinate interviews and press events
- coordinate the implementation of an overall communications strategy that supports the identity of the studio
- liaise and cultivate relationships with media and influential professionals
- monitor media and external outlets to ensure consistent messaging
- representation at key industry events
Send an email with your motivation (max. one paragraph), CV and portfolio by clicking the ‘apply’ link below.