TDO is recruiting a senior architect to join its practice in London.
TDO was founded in 2012 and is now based in Southwark in a purpose-built studio suspended in a formerly disused railway arch near Tate Modern. The practice’s first built project, Forest Pond House, a timber-framed meditation space and children’s den cantilevered over a garden pond, is emblematic of TDO’s approach; it is characterised by simple forms, intersecting geometries and exposed materials.
Other built works include:
- Old Church Street, an infill townhouse in Chelsea (2015)
- ‘Right to Flight’, a rooftop gallery pavilion designed in collaboration with artist James Bridle for Bold Tendencies in Peckham (2015)
- Fab House, low-cost modular terrace housing in North Shields, for Places for People and Urban Splash (2018)
- new offices for property specialists The Modern House (2018)
TDO projects feature regularly in the press and the practice was profiled in The Architecture Foundation’s New Architects 3, the definitive survey of Britain’s best-emerging architects, published in 2016.
Find out more about TDO by visiting the website.
TDO are seeking a senior architect with minimum five years’ post-qualification experience to join our growing central London studio to perform a key role leading exciting projects in a friendly and collaborative environment. Our portfolio includes a range of exciting residential and commercial projects.
We can offer a competitive salary based on experience.
We welcome applications from candidates with the following skills and essential experience:
- RIBA Part 3 qualified with a minimum of five years’ post-Part 3 work experience covering all project Stages as well as delivery of large projects (circa £10 million-plus)
- strength in delivery and considerable experience in work Stages 4 onwards
- in-depth knowledge of UK building regulations and other statutory requirements
- ability to lead a team and monitor their output
- fluent in AutoCAD with a minimum of two years of experience using Revit for all project Stages
- excellent written and spoken English
This vacancy is offered on a full time, permanent basis in our London studio.
If you are interested in the role please send:
- a covering letter explaining; your suitability for the role described above; a description of responsibilities and roles you have experience performing; and your availability/notice period
- your CV
- a PDF (maximum 10MB) illustrating your work, demonstrating the skills set out above and explaining your role on the projects you include
Applications should be submitted using the ‘apply’ link below, to arrive no later than 27 October 2019.