The Conran Shop is looking for a talented display technician in London.
The Conran Shop
Founded by Terence Conran in 1974, The Conran Shop’s roots are in London, where it was responsible for the revival of the historic Michelin House building on Fulham Road, Chelsea. The Conran Shop has since grown with stores in Marylebone, Paris and franchises in Japan to become a leading luxury retailer offering a covetable edit of furniture, lighting, home accessories and gifts from some of the most iconic and up-and-coming designers from around the world. The display department are responsible for bring together these elements and visually presenting the stores in a unique and exciting way giving the best possible shopping experience. This is an opportunity to join a fast paced creative team and be at the forefront of retail display.
Assisting with the design and building of window and in store displays.
Supporting store staff with assembling furniture, installing lights and mounting a variety of fittings.
Skills and experience
- woodworking and experience of using power tools is essential
- basic electrical experience would be desirable, although full training will be given
- organisational and planning skills with the ability to problem solve
- you must be physically fit as heavy lifting is involved
- an interest and awareness in the world of design, interiors, trends and retail
- a good understanding of the Conran brand, vision and ethos
- flexible approach to working hours and location
- good financial acumen and an understanding of budgets and cost constraints
- experience of SketchUp or similar 3D program advantageous
Salary: 20,000 – 23,000 per annum, depending on experience
Location: Chelsea, London
Hours: 7.30am – 4.00pm normally Monday – Friday with some out of hours and weekend work.
Position type: full-time
Closing date: 16th January 2018
How to apply
Send an email outlining why you feel you have the suitable skills and experience for the role along with your CV.
Please mark the subject box – ‘Display Technician’ and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not apply if you do not have the essential skills listed.
Experienced Part-III architect
at Paul Vick Architects
Part-II architectural assistant/architect
at Gibson Thornley