Thirlwall is looking for a junior architect to join its team in Miami Beach, USA.
The position is only open to individuals with an existing work permit or U.S. Citizenship.
The intent of this position is to promote a stable and goal-driven junior to mid-level staff individual who promotes the standards of the design firm’s aesthetic and quality output and to develop and oversee architectural and interior design projects as required to maintain Thirlwall’s lead in the design field.
Thirlwall seeks a highly motivated, inquisitive, design process-oriented talent with innate good taste and a process-driven aesthetic. Hard work and dedication are key tenants for this position as well as enthusiasm for teamwork and organisation and a passion for what you do!
Thirlwall has a broad variation of projects that range from residential to hospitality to multi-family design work, we strive to make each project unique and to lead in the global design forum, we do not overuse precedent and dedicate time to material investigation and unique building system research and development and partnership with other leading designers.
Through our ethos we strive to attract like-minded architects with a min of two to five years’ real in-office experience and in-depth knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, and programs like Sketch-up and Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite. We look forward to reviewing your PDF portfolio and CV.
Architect/junior architect roles:
- manage and oversee smaller projects within the office from start to completion with oversight from lead architect and owner.
- define and oversee CAD and pen set and PDF/.dwg files to control company aesthetic
- define and oversee paper space layouts of CAD/Revit drawings, tags and schedules, all index sheets for Arch, LA and ID and any detail work to uphold office design standards
- define and oversee all presentation material to maintain and define office aesthetic, hand sketching and process model skills welcome
- oversee renderings and Photoshop and InDesign to create individual projects and define continuity of office format
- define office documentation management and filing for efficient and precise hard-copy and electronic information filing lead designer
- manage and schedule design and implementation of design goals on daily/weekly basis multiple projects
- oversee and manage project clients, define and implement goals and design and monitor progress and define and maintain deadlines
- research products and design elements and coordinate into design and specific and perform cost analysis for budgetary goals
- provide weekly reports and to-do list for management to review
- coordinate meetings twice weekly for review of projects times lines, design challenges, construction administration reviews and overall conformity to contractual obligations and design intent
- coordinate with owners, sub-contractors, engineers, and other design professionals and suppliers to ensure projects continuity
Basic office responsibilities:
- be a key holder to the office
- open and close office during regular business hours as needed
- answer phone/take messages and follow up
- answer front door to office and parking as needed
- client greeting and arrange/schedule office visits
- paper work and online Dropbox filing
- minor HR input and provide employee feedback to assist in handling employee relations
- monitor project progress based on contractual obligations and inform accounting of payments pending based on completed scope
- review printing and request logs and provide to accounting on a weekly and month basis for billing
To apply please submit a current (PDF format only) CV and portfolio using the ‘apply’ link below.
Salary: Consummate with average South Florida current salaries for a Junior Architectural Designer. See link below for reference. Benefits, P.T.O. and Bi-annual Bonus available after internship period of two months.
See our website and Instagram below: