There is an opportunity for a junior designer – visual merchandising to join Tom Dixon in London.
You will be responsible for designing and sourcing the VM tools used for all Tom Dixon retail spaces worldwide including our Tom Dixon Hubs – under the direction of the VM manager.
You will support in the design and delivery of display packages – planograms, VM guidelines, window displays and shop refits. We will expect you to deliver a strong and unique brand aesthetic – ensuring deadlines are met and running several projects simultaneously. This is full-time role based in London.
Established in 2002, Tom Dixon is a British design and manufacturing brand with a commitment to innovation. We design, develop and sell extraordinary objects and spaces for everyday use, including lighting, furniture and interiors.
The company has a well-established global customer base, which has achieved double-digit growth over recent years, and is set to continue this trend over the next five years.
The company has offices in London, New York and Hong Kong, and launches new collections annually at the Milan furniture fair.
Our head office is located at:
555 Harrow Road
More information about us can be found at www.tomdixon.net.
About the role
You will be working alongside the VM manager, and helping to develop the visual merchandising function, which is new to the business. Your role will be to support in the day-to-day design needs of the department whilst taking the lead on the design of the seasonal planograms for tradeshows.
- research, design and develop VM display solutions. You will constantly be reviewing our displays tools and looking for new and innovative ways to display products, communicate pricing or product information every season
- support the global implementation of shop refreshes/refits and window launches from concept to installation through detailed drawings, 3D renders and liaising with suppliers
- lead the design of seasonal planograms/ display packages in line with the commercial plan for the season, ensuring they are communicated clearly and creatively presented
- support in the development of a range of guidelines, which will form a larger VM pack for new hubs and clients to refer to when displaying products
The story of you
- a creative design degree or experience in the luxury retail industry is a bonus and will help you understand our ways of working
- knowledge of Adobe Creative suite, Sketchup or 3DS Max is preferred
- known as a doer. You spot what needs to get done and don’t ask for permission to do it. No job is too small, you love to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in
- a touch maverick. You want to do things differently and better, and think up fresh, creative and simple solutions to problems
If this role excites you and what we are looking for sounds like you, please send your CV and portfolio, together with a covering letter describing why you think you are the right person for us to email@example.com
For the right candidate, we will offer a competitive remuneration package alongside the opportunity to build an extraordinary career within one of the world’s leading design agencies and lifestyle brands.
We embrace diversity in all applicants’ backgrounds. The successful applicant must have eligibility to work in the UK.
at TGP International