Universal Design Studio is hiring a senior designer (architect or interior designer) to join its firm in London.
Our multi-award winning architecture and interior design studio is seeking candidates with a background in interiors or architecture, who can demonstrate exceptional concept stage work – and like us – are driven to produce well designed, finely crafted spaces.
Candidates must have six-plus years’ experience at comparable studios and demonstrate solid project running experience across many of our key sectors workplace, hospitality, cultural and retail. Vectorworks an advantage. Competitive salary and attractive benefits package offered. Must have right to work in the UK. See our newly designed studio in Farringdon (recently featured in Dezeen).
Responsibilities of the role
- full-time day to day contact for team and client on technical project matters
- day-to-day lead on small to medium-sized projects
- help supervise and support more junior staff, delegate where required
- run internal teams on part of a large project or entire smaller projects with support of an associate
- provide assistance to more senior tiers with general management tasks
- make sure all design output adheres to UDS’s quality standards and ensure other team members do too
- receive direction from directors and associates and give direction to designers, design assistants and interns
- respond to queries from other parties, delegate where necessary
- manage delivery of information
- fully understand and work to brief
- generate design information (creative and technical) on own projects and assisting on other projects when required
- design research and awareness.
- create concepts and develop designs
- ensure all key stages of projects are signed off with appropriate member of management team
- attend site where necessary
- bee able to confidently present design ideas to clients
- help management team with resource management
- full awareness of deadlines and deliverables and help keep team abreast
- project running – main point of liaison with consultants and contractor
- assist on pitch projects and if appropriate attend pitch presentations
Company benefits include: generous holiday allowance, flexible start/finish times, regular learning events and socials, enhanced pension contribution, access to Bupa dental plan, Babylon Dr app, Lifeworks well-being platform, retail discounts, inhouse fitness studio, CycleScheme, train season ticket loan, payment of RIBA and ARB memberships.
Please note that due to the volume of applications we are only able to respond to successful applicants.