UNStudio is seeking senior architects to join its firm in Shanghai, China.
As an international architectural firm, UNStudio is active in the broadest fields of architecture. Our project portfolio covers every aspect of architecture, ranging from small to large scale projects, research and theory. The atmosphere within each of our offices is international, multidisciplinary, design-oriented and ambitious, but also open, non-hierarchical, team-based and friendly, with attention to personal well-being, knowledge development, and career planning.
We are currently looking for senior architects to join our Shanghai office. The ideal candidates should have effective management and team leadership skills, strong design sensibilities, excellent technical skills, a flexible mentality, strong communication skills, and experience managing all stages of a project, from concept through to construction.
- minimum ten years of experience, with extensive experience with built international, large-scale projects
- extensive coordination experience with clients, contractors, and consultants within an international architecture office
- strong all-around design and technical skills
- excellent communication, budget control, planning, and organisational skills
- excellent aesthetic sensibilities and design skills
- extremely technical with the ability to resolve architectural solutions through innovative thinking (documented through construction and shop drawings/details)
- effective project management and team-leading abilities
- excellent knowledge of products, materials, and construction methods, especially in Asia
- proactive and self-motivated, with a continuous desire to both learn from and mentor others
- responsible, accountable, and able to foresee risks and solve conflicts in projects
- working knowledge of 3D and 2D software (Rhinoceros, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, etc.)
- fluent English communication skills; fluency in Mandarin is a plus
Working conditions are according to Chinese legislation. Benefits are consistent within all UNStudio offices. Applications consisting of a short motivation letter, CV and portfolio can be sent digitally (PDF, max 10MB) to Feely Pan using the ‘apply’ link below.
When you work at UNStudio
- you have the opportunity to work on high profile, challenging global projects
- you are part of a creative, fresh, professional and academic working environment
- research is an integrated and valued part of your daily work
- your experience is highly valued, but your innovative and entrepreneurial attitude is ranked highest
- you work in a young international team that is highly ambitious, collegial and social, made up of recently graduated architects, experienced senior architects and everything in-between
- you design through discovery, and learn on the job
- you get as much creative freedom as you are willing to take
- you find yourself in a responsible position as soon as you are ready
- daily fruits and snacks are always waiting for you
- our annual events have become legendary and always with joy
- our office is located at the city centre of Shanghai with convenient traffic and facilities
- you will work under the supervision of a director, but guide as a leader of a team or multiple projects and switch flexibly between different projects, phases, drawings, scales and information levels