Urbanist Architecture is looking for an urban designer to join its team in London.
Deadline for applications: 18 December 2019 (17:30)
Location: Greenwich London SE8
A life-changing opportunity with excellent career progression opportunities at Urbanist Architecture, nationally renowned for creating inspiring residential developments.
Urbanist Architecture is looking for an urban designer or town planner with outstanding project-management skills to work on multiple projects, share responsibility for general office operations and become an integral part of our growing firm. The successful candidate should keep abreast of new planning legislation and be confident in projects involving urban extensions and new settlements at both pre-application, planning application and detailed design stages.
The successful candidate will have at least three years of town planning and/or urban design experience in London or in the UK. A background in architecture is highly desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate should be a chartered member of the RTPI or prepared to work towards membership of the RTPI. This role includes mentorship from the company directors and MRTPI chartered town-planners of the firm; as well as strong encouragement to progress and develop both professionally and within the company.
The successful candidate should demonstrate experience in collaborating with architects and other built environment professionals and coordinating directly with the clients. Therefore, the role would suit a confident, excellent communicator with a strong initiative to work independently and experience in dealing with a diverse and complex range of urban design and planning casework in both urban and rural settings.
The position offers an attractive salary package and private health insurance.
- managing client-relationships over the phone, by email and face-to-face meetings
- preparing well-structured comprehensive feasibility reports, development appraisals, design and access and planning statements
- preparing robust masterplans and concise and compelling urban design concepts and design codes
- managing the preparation and submission of planning applications and planning appeals
- liaising with local planning authorities and planning inspectorate
- assisting the architects and the directors of the practice on other planning, and administrative and technical tasks
- excellent understanding of current town planning issues and the town planning process
- exceptional organisational, numerical and problem-solving skills
- excellent communication and negotiation skills (both spoken and written)
- ability to weigh up conflicting views and issues
- keen interest in regeneration and urban/suburban master planning
- experience of using planning database, GIS and Google Docs
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions. Strictly no recruitment agencies. Please don’t waste your time and ours.
To submit your application, please use the ‘apply’ button below.