Visualhouse is looking for a business development director — UK to join its growing London team.
Location: London, UK
Reports to: CEO
Contract: full-time, permanent
Visualhouse is an international creative agency focused on creating compelling brand stories for architecture, design, and the built environment. We work worldwide with leading architects, developers and designers on landmark projects. Each project is unique, and to each we bring passion and expertise with our multidisciplinary creative teams skilled in 3D visualisation, still imagery, film and animation, as well as branding and interactive. Together, these disciplines form a cohesive and creative vision to produce compelling brand narratives for our clients. We have studios in New York, Los Angeles and London.
We have a new role available for a business development director to join our growing London team to expand our client base and generate new and sustained revenue streams. This is a fantastic new role and rare opportunity to lead on the growth of the UK business and requires extensive business development, new business, sales and pitching experience in a similar industry. The role is key in the development of Visualhouse London as we reach our 10 year anniversary in 2018.
About the role
This role reports directly to the chief executive officer and will identify and negotiate with new and existing clients consisting of developers, architecture and design practices as well as private clients. You will be responsible for drafting and delivering a business development strategy, as well as leading on winning new business opportunities. The ideal candidate will have extensive industry knowledge, contacts and be well connected in the visualisation and developers industries. You will be responsible for ensuring new business marketing campaigns are executed to the highest standard possible. The role is a mixture of business development strategy as well as hands on day to day bidding for new projects and clients.
- forge relationships with key industry contacts, developers and companies to win new business leads
- proactively seek out and maintain new business opportunities and manage relationships effectively
- develop, deliver and refine the new business strategy
- plan and oversee new marketing opportunities
- attend key industry events with the aim of meeting new potential clients
- research and report on new business opportunities
- develop and nurture relationships with existing clients to maintain and improve on service level agreements
- create innovative proposals and campaigns to attract new clients
Skills and qualifications:
- degree or equivalent in business development or closely related subject and
- eight+ years’ experience in a related environment; visualisation, architecture and design, agency, media or advertising
- proven experience of new business development, negotiation and sales
- ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team to meet deadlines
- project management skills and the ability to prioritise across multiple projects
- proficient with Microsoft and Google suites. Ability to report and analyse data
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in business development and a keen interest in the world of visualisation and architecture. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the team and be passionate and enthusiastic about leading the business growth. You will be highly professional with strong time management and negotiation skills. You will be friendly and engaging in order to develop strong relationships within the company and externally with clients.
We offer a competitive salary and pay structure with benefits and the opportunity to gain a wealth of experience. In addition, we are committed to the training and nurturing of talent and staff development. Our studio is an exciting and collaborative space where we promote and encourage creative and innovative thinking.
Email your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are right for the role and your salary expectations.
All candidates must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
Due to exceptionally high volumes of applications, we are only able to respond to successful candidates.
No agencies please.