Westminster City Council has an opportunity for experts in sustainability and built environment to join its design review panel in London.
We are inviting applications from experts in sustainability and the built environment to join our design review panel. The panel is being established as part of our commitment to design excellence in Westminster. It will offer independent advice and review of major development, planning, public realm and regeneration projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved in some of the highest profile projects in the country, help us to shape the future of central London and deliver a fairer Westminster.
Who should apply?
We are looking for a diverse range of leading practitioners with expertise in one or more the following areas:
- sustainability and low carbon design (including expertise in circular economy, operational energy and net zero)
- architecture – particularly housing and mixed-use development
- estate regeneration
- greening, biodiversity and ecology
- urban design/public realm
- landscape architecture
- townscape and heritage – working with historic buildings
- inclusive access and design
- transport planning and engineering
- other relevant expertise such as civil/structural engineering, community engagement and public art
We particularly encourage applications from women and global majority backgrounds.
- bring your expertise to support design excellence on some of the highest profile developments in the country
- work collaboratively with leading practitioners in a similar field to you and build your profile
- shape the high-quality built environment of a world city
- contribute to bringing a diversity of perspectives in Westminster to help us achieve a net zero city
There will be roughly one meeting per month. For each meeting, we will invite a selection of panel members to join, depending on the expertise required. Panel members should expect to be invited approximately three or four times per year.
How to apply
Please click here for more information and to apply.
Applications close 11:59pm on Monday 13 March 2023.