at Zaha Hadid Architects
Zaha Hadid Architects is searching for a 3D visualiser to join its office in London.
Job title: visualiser – CGI (junior to mid)
Reporting to: associate director (ZH cluster)
Location of role: ZHA London offices
Hours: Monday-Friday, 09.00-18.00
Purpose of role
The 3D visualiser will work with architectural design teams to generate designs, develop and produce concepts and graphics to communicate projects to clients through designs and presentations.
Technical skills and qualifications required:
- visualisation, gaming, architectural qualifications or equivalent
- proven post qualification experience in producing high quality architectural/interior still images, VR and cinematic animations
- experience in the use of 3ds Max, Corona, V-Ray, Maya, Unreal Engine, Adobe Creative Suite, Keyshot and any other graphic or rendering software is essential
- a working knowledge in BIM would be beneficial
- fully conversant in using and creating modelling from architectural plans, sketches and elevations, and have knowledge of related visualisation and photographic rendering techniques
- previous experience with animation, video and compositing would be beneficial
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong collaborative internal and external working relationships and to work alongside clients to deliver innovative design solutions
- high professional integrity
- ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and to respond proactively and when required
- strong organisational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and deliver to tight deadlines
- ability to be proactive, to use initiative and to work autonomously
- good awareness of design trends and creative thinking
- creative, with a high degree of flexibility
- excellent attention to detail
- problem-solving skills
- dedicated to own learning and development
Areas of responsibility
Work closely with the architectural teams in the preparation of 3D visualisation. Understand the concepts and initial design intent and apply this into a graphic representation. This may involve reproducing the architect’s concept into a graphic form or may involve interpretation and artistic design ability to represent the ideas in a graphic form and into photo-realistic 3D renderings and animations.
Read and accurately interpret architectural illustrations, 2D CAD files, or other 3D modelling data, as specified within projects and realising those designs as compelling imagery.
Develop and maintain a software library suitable for architectural rendering needs and applications.
Assist the wider teams in refining workflows, as well as supporting and training architectural and landscape staff to refine visuals as an integrated element of the design process.
Provide efficient modelling and converting of data sets from CAD or other 3D modelling packages.
Undertake 2D image compositing, finishing and retouching operations on 3D renderings.
Explore new technologies (both hardware and software) to expand ZHA’s services, improve the quality of visualisations and increase efficiency. This is likely to include new rendering engines, pipelines and assets, as well as emerging trends such as virtual reality, computer games engines and 3D printing.
Engage with and promote ZHA within the wider visualisation community by contributing to forums and software development as well as attending user groups and seminars.
To submit your application, please click the ‘apply’ button below.