Adjaye Associates is seeking a business development manager to join its practice in London.
Adjaye Associates: company background
Adjaye Associates was established in June 2000 by founder and principal architect, Sir David Adjaye OBE. Receiving ever-increasing worldwide attention, the firm has offices in London, New York and Accra and has completed work in Europe, North America, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa.
We are an award winning and innovative architecture and design firm with work ranging from furniture, exhibitions and private houses to civic buildings and urban masterplans. The truly multicultural and multinational team at Adjaye Associates draws inspiration from a broad cultural discourse, resulting in a compelling body of work in Europe, USA, Africa and the Middle East.
Business development manager: overview
We are seeking an individual with a wealth of business development experience within an architectural background. This individual will refine and implement tasks and processes to develop and growth opportunities for Adjaye Associates. They will be successful in continuing the growth and creation of long-term value for the company in terms of current clients, potential now business, clients, markets, and relationships.
- develop new materials as required to support business development activities; including drafting, designing and production of new business proposals and award submissions
- understand and learn Adjaye Associates’ portfolio of work, practice areas, and global capabilities
- create project communication strategy and identify business development strategies with senior management and lead implementation
- research prospective business in targeted markets, pursue leads and follow through to a successful agreement
- understand the target markets, including industry, company, project, company contacts and which market strategies can be used to attract clients
- maintain relationships with current clients and identify new prospects
- manage communication to our clients
- possess a strong understanding of our products, our competition in the industry and positioning
- follow the latest industry developments and stay up-to-date on corporate competitors
- research and identify potential new business opportunities
- target key decision makers
- represent the company brand and promote the company at all levels
- establish, develop and maintain long-lasting relationships with key players in the industry
- responsible for delivering the marketing strategy across all channels
- update databases for existing and new client relationships
- ensure CRM database is up to date and compliant with GDPR
- work with senior management to drive direct new business opportunities and implement initiatives
- strong existing relationships globally within the architecture world
- ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team with great leadership skills
- excellent interpersonal skills with proactive attitude
- creative skills – seeing new ways existing opportunities could be developed, or finding completely new routes for business development
- the ability to get on with people at all levels confidently
- previous experience in a communications role within architecture