David Kohn Architects is looking for a Part-II architectural assistant to join its busy team in north London.
Contract type: ongoing and full-time
Salary: £27,500–32,000 depending on experience
Responsible to: senior architect
Location: Camden Town, north London
Advertised from: 22 June 2018
Applications by: 13 July 2018
Interviews: 16 – 20 August 2018
Start date: 30 July – 1 September 2018
DKA is recruiting a Part-II architectural assistant to join our team working on a new student accommodation building in Oxford. The £35M scheme includes a lecture theatre and music performance space, and the Part-II architectural assistant will join the project at RIBA Stage 4, technical design. The project is starting on site this summer and is due to complete in 2021.
David Kohn Architects was established in 2007 and has gained international recognition for the quality of its design. The practice has recently won significant residential, education and arts projects. Work ranges from collaboration with artists to public spaces, from historic building renovation to urban strategies. Over the next five years DKA aims to grow organically, continuing to take on larger, more complex projects.
- work closely with project leader to deliver project to highest quality with regard to budget and programme
- assist in developing the technical design of project
- ownership of specific design packages
- efficient drawing production
- progress technical designs to tight deadlines
- contribute to design discussions
Experience and knowledge:
- experience working on large, complex projects
- experience of delivering RIBA Stages 4-5
- experience of working both in teams and independently
- excellent design skills
- construction detailing
- NBS specification writing
- consultant coordination experience
- excellent drafting and visualisation skills
- Vectorworks (2D/ 3D), SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, Rhino
- Physical 3D Modeling
How to apply
Applications should be made simultaneously in hard copy and by using the ‘apply’ link below and include the following:
- a cover letter explaining how you meet all the criteria for the post, and why you want to work for DKA
- CV detailing previous experience and qualifications
- up to four sides of A4 showing images and drawings of key previous projects and personal work
Post or hand deliver hard copy to:
David Kohn Architects
125–133 Camden High Street
London NW1 7JR
Or using the ‘apply’ link below submit a single PDF no bigger than 3MB to the recruitment team.
Deadline for applications is 13 July 2018
We will only be able to enter into correspondence with shortlisted candidates
Direct applications only – no recruitment agencies.
David Kohn Architects is an equal opportunities employer.