Dezeen is looking for someone to lead its hugely successful awards programme at its office in London.
Launched in 2018, Dezeen Awards is one of the biggest award programmes in the architecture and design industry, attracting over 3,600 entries in its first year.
We now require an outstanding individual to help us ensure that 2019 is even more successful.
Organised by Dezeen, the world’s most popular and influential architecture and design magazine, Dezeen Awards identifies the world’s best architecture, interiors and design, as well as the studios and the individual architects and designers producing the most outstanding work.
The ideal candidate will be highly organised, proactive and meticulous. Experience of running a complex project and managing a small team is vital, along with knowledge of digital content, marketing and engagement, plus event management. Please note that Dezeen Awards is a digital-first project, and experience of running online projects is vital.
We want someone who is results driven and possess strong analytical, communication and research skills. You should be able to thrive under pressure and perform with flair and accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
A good knowledge of the international architecture and design industry will be an advantage. Full fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
Reporting to Dezeen’s chief revenue officer, the successful candidate will:
- help devise and deliver our 2019 awards strategy
- manage a team of two senior award coordinators plus interns
- coordinate the entire awards programme, liaising closely with our in-house teams (sales, editorial, social and video) on content and marketing, as well as with other providers (branding, web development, etc) to ensure key tasks are completed on deadline and to high standards
- help organise key events (including launch parties, shortlist party, master jury day and awards party)
- oversee all updates to the Dezeen Awards website
- work with an external PR team to ensure Dezeen Awards achieves maximum international exposure
- report and analyse entries to establish key insights and trends to be editorialised on Dezeen
This is a full-time position based at Dezeen’s canalside office in Hoxton, London, located a short walk from Haggerston Overground station, but may involve occasional international travel for various architecture and design-related events to promote Dezeen Awards.
Dezeen offers flexible working and a minimum of 25 days of annual holidays plus public holidays.
Please apply by submitting a CV and a short cover note explaining why you are the ideal candidate, along with your salary expectations, to Dezeen’s chief revenue officer Wai Shin Li using the ‘apply’ link below.
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we regretfully will only respond to candidates selected for interview.