Dezeen is seeking a video content producer to join Dezeen Studio, its award-winning creative team in London.
Dezeen is the world’s most influential online architecture, design and interiors magazine, with three million readers a month.
The Dezeen Studio team produces agenda-setting video content, live events and brand collaborations for a wide variety of prestigious international clients, and is seeking a creative and dynamic individual to act as a content producer.
The content producer will be responsible for generating compelling content ideas and bringing them to life. They will lead production on stimulating content including branded videos, editorial videos, live talks and more, from pitching to pre-production, sourcing crews, directing video shoots, supervising edits and delivering content on Dezeen and its platforms.
This is a multi-faceted and dynamic client-facing role, which involves regular liaison between teams internally and requires a wide range of technical, creative, interpersonal and journalistic competencies.
Duties will include:
- developing engaging concepts for content and writing pitches
- managing and overseeing end-to-end production, from client briefings to final delivery
- be willing to travel for overseas productions
- managing and contracting 3rd party vendors
- budgeting effectively and finding cost efficiencies whilst managing and controlling profit margins
- editing videos and/or supervising edits
- contributing to Dezeen Studio’s strategy
- three plus years’ of relevant work experience in production (agency/in-house line production skills essential).
- deep understanding of digital culture, social media, and how to create compelling, engaging content for digital platforms
- an enthusiastic disposition and ability to interact with clients, talent and crews with confidence
- flexible and adaptable, able to react quickly to changing requirements and new challenges
- an interest in architecture and design
- proficiency in video editing software (FCPX and/or Premiere Pro)
- proficiency using video equipment
- ability to effectively manage projects
- ability to manage staff and 3rd party vendors
- copywriting skills are a bonus
- having access to a production network both locally and internationally is also a bonus
This full-time role features a salary of between £30,000 and £35,000, depending on experience, and will be based at our offices in Hoxton, London. Due to the nature of the role, regular national and international travel is likely.
To apply, please submit your portfolio, CV and a short cover letter with your salary expectations to Dezeen’s head of projects Calum Lindsay via the apply for job button below.
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we regretfully will only respond to candidates selected for interview.
Dezeen is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and promote equality and inclusion amongst our staff. We welcome applications from all, regardless of personal characteristics or background.
Dezeen was named as one of the top 50 companies to work for in 2022 by The Dots.