Gort Scott is looking for an architect with at least two years’ post Part-III to join its team in London.
Gort Scott is a design-focused architectural studio working on a varied portfolio of interesting public-and private sector projects. With a background in research, public realm and small scale projects the studio is now working on larger projects as well as continuing to work on finer grained schemes. The studio has won a number of awards including the NLA Mayor’s Prize, a Civic Trust Award, RIBA National Award and shortlisted for the Architect of The Year Award.
The office is currently working on an Oxford College, a private house on the side of a rock, a town hall in London as well as public sector housing schemes, renovating a brutalist building to provide temporary workspace and a small urban realm scheme anticipating the arrival of large scale rail infrastructure.
We are a dedicated, friendly office, with a creative and motivated atmosphere, encouraging open discussion and testing of ideas. We use a number of methods to design, prioritising sketching and model making alongside 3D modelling.
We are currently looking for an experienced architect with at least two years, preferably more, post Part-III experience to join our expanding office of 23 people.
The following skills are also required. Please check your experience fits the criteria prior to applying:
- strong design skills
- Revit (BIM) experience preferable
- a genuine interest in construction and materiality and proven detailing skills
- an interest and experience in urban design projects
- strong project management and organisational skills
- a proactive approach to working, with an ability to take initiative
- good communication skills
- may have qualified abroad but will have undertaken the UK Part-III course, or have proven contract-management and project-running experience in the UK
- knowledge of VectorWorks, NBS writer an advantage but not essential
- Microsoft Office and Adobe suite
- good writing skills for the purposes of reports and presentations
- fluency in speaking and writing English essential
Instructions for applying:
- please state your notice period or availability to start work in your application email
- please send your CV and a short cover letter explaining your suitability for the role, for the attention of Nancy Edwards
- no CVs over 5MB
- no agencies
Salary dependent on experience.
Gort Scott is an equal opportunities employer.