Hawkins\Brown is seeking an architectural technologist to join its team in London.
Key areas of responsibility
- working with the project architect and all project team members, you will be required to support the development of the design from concept through to completion on projects
- ensure that an attractive functional building performs successfully, whilst utilising the correct materials and appropriate regulations are met
- contribute to building regulation, code requirements and other regulatory applications and procedures
- prepare NBS specifications
- understand how the design aspects of a construction project influence and relate to performance and functional issues so that practical questions can be addressed at the outset
- evaluate and advise on environmental, legal and regulatory issues.
- contribute to planning, building regulation and other regulatory applications and procedures
- lead the detailed design process and coordinating design information within the BIM environment (Revit/Navisworks) and assist in the production of detailed specifications for suitable materials or processes to be used
Essential skills required (in no particular order):
- degree in architectural design technology or similar
- experience in tender and construction package production within Revit software
- advanced knowledge of detailed technical design and construction methods
- understanding of UK regulation and code requirements
- proficient in Revit including content creation
- experience working on medium and large scale projects
- experience with developing NBS specifications
- excellent organisation skills
- problem-solving skills
- ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- ability to research and maintain updated technical skills
- very strong attention to detail
- dedicated team player
Desirable skills required (in no particular order):
- experience of working with NBS Building and/or Create
- understanding of suite of PAS standards and/or ISO19650
- experience of utilizing CDE’s such as Aconex/Asite
- experience of using InDesign
These are the key tasks as currently defined. They are not listed in priority order. From time to time the key tasks may be varied and the post holder may be expected to take on such variations within the constraints of the position and the level of responsibility implied in it.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Hawkins\Brown is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.