Hayhurst and Co is looking for a senior architect to join its team in London or Totnes, UK.
We are currently working on a wide range of exciting projects including one-off homes, community and cultural projects around the UK.
In the first instance, you will be involved in working on a number of projects at different RIBA stages with a focus on community projects in the southwest at the early RIBA stages and supporting other team members working on one-off homes. As a small studio, you will be involved in all aspects of the practice from design, detailing and delivering projects as well as contributing to the development of the practice generally.
As a senior architect, you will have a minimum of five years’ post-qualification experience, excellent communication skills and a desire to contribute to a creative team-working environment. Ideally, you should be able to work in a range of media including Revit, Enscape, Vectorworks and Adobe Creative Suite.
Hayhurst and Co is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the London Practice Forum. We are keen to receive applications from a diverse range of candidates and we actively encourage applications from under-represented groups.
- RIBA Part 3 (or equivalent qualification)
- minimum five years’ post-qualification experience
- strong design skills with an interest in materials, craft and the environment
- strong technical skills, ability to think through bespoke detailing and experience of leading projects through RIBA stages 4 and 5
- experience of client, consultant and contractor-facing roles and ability to foster excellent external relationships
- ability to support an associate lead a team and help mentor recently-qualified architects and architectural assistants
- understanding and experience of Passivhaus design, LETI principles and low energy buildings
- ideally, experience in the use of Revit, Adobe Creative Suite and (preferably) Vectorworks
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- excellent time management, organisation, planning and attention to detail
The salary will be within our senior architect range of £42k – 48k per annum plus company benefits. The role is full-time, studio-based with a start date in January 2024. This will be based in either our London or Totnes studios and candidates should note their preference in their application.
Please submit a PDF of your CV, portfolio and professional work samples (less than 5 MB, no web links) to via the apply for job button below. Please also submit a cover letter with the subject line “Senior Architect – your name”. No agencies please.
Deadline for applicants is end of day 1 November 2023.
Interviews will commence the week of 13 November 2023.