Holte Studio is seeking a junior designer to join its team in London.
Holte is a fast-growing system furniture producer and design studio based off Broadway Market in Hackney, East London. Our design studio is founded on the principles of democratic and sustainable design – we believe good design and high-quality materials should be available to everyone and should have as low an impact as possible on our environment. 2022 is proving to be an exciting year for Holte, we are launching new products, expanding the team and developing a new modular system kitchen.
We are looking for a dynamic junior designer to join our multidisciplinary team. The role will entail liaising with clients, preparing quotes, introducing clients to the products in the showroom and general day to day assistance. We are a small, growing company which means there can be a large diversity in tasks; the successful candidate must be flexible and prepared to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in. We welcome applicants from a variety of art/design backgrounds including but not limited to architecture, interior design, furniture design, product design, graphic design, fine art and industrial design.
- friendly, inquisitive and motivated
- eager to learn more about materials, finishes and manufacturing methods
- dedicated to sustainable and democratic design
- fond of food and passionate about pastries
Do you have:
- an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in interior architecture, product design, architecture or a similar closely related subject? Or two to three years’ working experience in kitchen design, interior design or architecture
- minimum one year professional experience in a studio or office environment
- some sales or customer facing experience
- the ability to work as part of a team and independently
- excellent English language skills (the role involves a large amount of communication with clients by phone, email and face-to-face so this is vital, but language training can be provided where required)
- experience with AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign or equivalent programmes? Knowledge of a 3D modelling programme such as SketchUp or Rhino is a plus
The nature of our small company means that the role is diverse and evolving, however appropriate training or inductions will be provided as required.
Below are some of the tasks and responsibilities the role covers:
- working with the design team and clients to assist with design projects
- managing and processing sample orders
- producing quotes and estimates
- responding to enquiries
- research and design development including looking for new materials, processes and finishes
- assisting with design and development of new Holte products and ranges
- generating production drawings
- guiding clients through the showroom
- holding meetings with clients in the showroom and online to discuss their projects and plans
- liaising with architects and builders on projects
What we offer:
- salary of £22k – £25k dependent on experience
- 25 days holiday per year
- remote working allowance
- working from home by arrangement
- flexi-time working by arrangement
- discount on a Holte kitchen
Normal working hours are 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday. We are based primarily at our design studio in Broadway Market, Hackney. We welcome applicants from a variety of backgrounds. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the best candidates regardless of their age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or maternity.
Submit your CV and covering letter via the apply for job button below.
Closing date for applications is 13 June.