MAD Architects has an opportunity for an architectural designer to join its practice in Los Angeles, USA.
MAD Architects is a global studio of talented architects, designers, and creative thinkers dedicated to impacting the experience and understanding of the built space that surrounds us, developing visionary, fluid, and technologically advanced designs that embody a contemporary interpretation of the Eastern affinity for nature.
Our team of 130 works across offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, and Rome, on projects ranging from livable large-scale urban developments to imaginative civic, cultural, residential and hospitality buildings of varying scale that endeavor to create a balance between humanity, the city, and the environment.
Current works across Asia, North America and Europe include the Lucas Museum of Narrative Art in Los Angeles, the Nanjing Zendai Himalayas Centre and the China Philharmonic Hall in Beijing and residential complexes in Beverly Hills, Paris and Rome (all under construction), with the large-scale Quzhou sports campus and the Rotterdam Fenix Museum, amongst others, in design development.
For our growing LA studio, we are looking for an architect designer to join our talented teams on ambitious medium to large scale projects:
- you will be involved in the design, architectural, and some technical aspects of projects and their graphic representation through the entire architectural design process
- this position has to be very strong in concept, high design form, with an extremely efficient 3D modeling skill set
- within dedicated teams, you will develop project packages that demonstrate clarity, design sensitivity, and a sound understanding of technical feasibility
- as an integral part of our international practice, you will be contributing actively to the development of MAD
- you are a globally-minded individual with an excellent academic background (bachelor in architecture or equivalent from an internationally recognized architecture school) and an outgoing, proactive and positive attitude
- you have a track record of at least two years in-depth post-qualification involvement in leading international architecture firms, as a key contributor to complex large-scale mixed-use, cultural, civic or hospitality projects through all stages of design
- you combine strong aesthetic design, have a similar design style as MAD, understand MAD’s design philosophy, sensitivity with technical knowledge, and are a clear communicator. You articulate your ideas and concepts precisely, comprehensibly, and in a graphically engaging way
- you thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment, enjoy contributing to your team, are flexible, and able to set priorities in order to deliver accurately and on time
- you are highly skilled in AutoCAD, Rhino and Adobe CS, with a sound working knowledge of Maya and Revit. English fluency is a key requirement, with business level Mandarin and other business level language skills a plus
MAD gives you the opportunity to challenge and develop yourself creatively and technically within our friendly, sociable, supportive and stimulating studio environment.
We offer long-term prospects to advance your career within our worldwide design network.
Salaries and benefits are competitive and commensurate with your experience.
If working with us in the capacities described above excites you, please email your resume and portfolio (in PDF format, size less than 6MB, with clear indication of your role on every project listed) using the ‘apply’ link below.
Please indicate ‘architect designer LA’ in the subject line of your e-mail.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!