MAD Architects is hiring a designer to join its team in Beijing, China.
MAD Architects’ Beijing headquarter office is looking for talented and experienced designers who have participated in completed or under construction large-scale projects.
This role will work closely with principal partners and project team on our on-going projects with the following responsibilities:
- propose and develop 3D design options in all stages from concept to construction in collaboration with project team
- develop and edit drawings and models constantly as they relate to projects, implement MAD’s design language and take initiative in response to partners design feedback
- communicate design concepts and ideas to both internal and external team members
- work with external parties to ensure that construction is carried out in accordance with the design intent
- prepare presentations, reports and other project documentation as required
Key skills to success:
- BArch/MArch degree or equivalent
- at least three years’ experience from leading international architecture firms, having succeeded as a project designer, and experience on large-scale mixed-use, cultural, civic and hospitality projects through all stages from design to construction
- strong aesthetic sensitivity and experience in design and modelling large-scale organic shape projects
- a team player, a clear and precise communicator to both internal and external stakeholder
- well-versed in building systems and materials, demonstrate knowledge of practice and industry standards and codes, as well as attention to detail
- thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, able to work under pressure and have exemplary time management and delivery skills
- proficient in Rhino, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Grasshopper, Enscape and Maya
The candidates shall send his/her portfolio and CV in one document (do not exceed 6 MB) in PDF format via the apply for job button below. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the email subject.