MAD Architects is looking for a press officer to join its practice in Beijing, China.
MAD Architects is an international office of architects, designers, and creative thinkers dedicated to impacting how humans experience and understand the built space. Working at MAD will give you the opportunity to challenge yourself creatively and technically. As a member of our growing team, you will work cross-culturally with talented, like-minded individuals on unique global projects of varying typologies – from commercial to cultural, hospitality to residential. MAD is a global team of 130 staff across offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, New York, and Rome.
We are currently looking for a press officer to join our team in Beijing. If you are a globally-minded individual who has a keen eye for detail, is a great story teller, and is good at working collaboratively, then we’d like to hear from you.
- bachelor’s degree, or higher, in architecture; communications & social media marketing; or related major
- previous experience coordinating and managing digital content (press packages, social media, video, website management etc.) for a major international architecture firm; or related professional experience in the art and design industry
- fluency in English, both written and oral, is mandatory
- fluency in Mandarin, both written and oral, is a plus
- minimum five years’ of work experience
Professional and personal skills:
- demonstrates a strong aesthetic sensibility
- strong verbal and written communication skills, with experience crafting effective copy and visual narratives (please provide examples)
- highly skilled at using Microsoft Office; as well as the Adobe Creative Suite and/or video editing programs
- possesses a positive attitude towards obstacles and tight deadlines; with the ability to prioritise his/her work, and handle multiple tasks when required to do so
- developing MAD’s branding ‘voice’ and strengthening the company’s visibility through various media outlets, including digital and print publications, and social media
- proactively build the company’s profile and network through graphic design, expertly written copy, and social media engagement
- identify social media trends and consistently create various types of content in the form of articles, blogs, info graphics, videos etc., for distribution across media channels
- develop fresh ideas for global communications in new media platforms
How to apply
Candidates should send their resume and portfolio in PDF format (max. 6MB) using the ‘apply’ link below.