Marc Newson Studio is offering a one-year industrial design internship in London.
Marc Newson has been described as one of the most influential designers of his generation. He has worked across an extremely wide range of disciplines, and his clients include some of the best-known and most prestigious brands in the world spanning diverse sectors from manufacturing and technology to transportation, fashion, and the luxury goods sector.
- assisting with daily studio activities across a range of projects, and working with a variety of team members
- developing designs from sketch to presentation renderings and models
- assisting with the preparation of client presentations
- project and client research
- formal education in industrial design
- prior internships or relevant work experience (one-two years) strongly preferred
- proficient technical and 3D modelling skills, with an understanding of manufacturing processes and materials
- impeccable attention to detail and strong work ethic
- good time management skills; delivering work on time and to a high standard
- excellent visual and verbal communication skills
- must work well within a varied team
- fluency in English
- must have the legal right to work in the UK – sponsorship not available
- proficient 3D modelling skills, ideally in both Rhino and Solidworks
- proven experience in creating high-quality 3D renders
- knowledge of Adobe CS skills (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator) would be an asset
The fixed-term internship is for one year and is a paid position.
To apply, please send your CV, portfolio (5MB max) and covering letter.
Unfortunately due to the large volume of applications, we shall only respond to candidates whose candidacy we would like to pursue.
No agency, in-person, or phone inquiries, please.