Marks Barfield Architects is looking for a part-time studio coordinator to join its team in London.
To coordinate an activity – to organise various people and things involved in it.
An interesting and varied administrative role in a small friendly office. This is a part-time role of five mornings a week, three days, or flexibility with hours can be discussed. It is an office-based position.
Marks Barfield Architects is a contemporary award-winning architectural practice. While working at the practice you will build up a knowledge of the architects, the projects, the clients and everything involved in running an architectural practice.
Working alongside the studio manager you will:
- sit at reception, answer the phone and greet visitors
- keep the office tidy and uncluttered (and the plants watered!)
- assist with general office and administration duties – including some diary management
- order supplies
- input the petty cash
- organise social activities
- aid the implementation of practical sustainable options wherever possible, and to update monthly figures for assessing and reaching carbon footprint targets
- support architects with social media, marketing documents, etc.
The ideal candidate will have:
- good communication – both verbal and written
- proficiency with IT, Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe, Microsoft Teams (InDesign a bonus)
- strong organisational skills and be able to effectively multi-task
- the ability to prioritise own workload, complete tasks efficiently, and meet deadlines
- the ability to work independently and with others
- an enjoyment in attention to detail
- a confident, friendly, approachable and professional manner
- a proactive and innovative attitude
- an active interest in design, sustainability and plants
- knowledge of social media platforms – an advantage
- lots of common sense
Previous experience in a design office beneficial but training in the role is available too. There is the opportunity to make areas of the role your own – if you choose to, we will support you.
Marks Barfield Architects is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies please.
Please email a copy of your CV, with a covering letter including why you are interested in this role via the apply for job button below, with ‘Studio coordinator’ in the subject line.