Sandy Rendel Architects is looking for an experienced Part-II or Part-III architect to join its London team.
Sandy Rendel Architects are a design-led and award-winning London practice with an expanding workload.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Part-II or Part-III architect to join our small but growing team in Southwark and work on a number of exciting urban and rural residential projects.
The role will offer excellent project-running experience for the right candidate with a number of number of new build one-off houses and small-scale housing projects now moving towards construction. It will also offer opportunity to be involved in earlier stages of design projects and to become an integral member of a small team.
Our ideal candidate would have:
- a minimum of three years’ practice experience, ideally with experience in UK practice
- experience and proven ability in detailed design development and preparation of tender packages
- strong design skills and an interest in materials, construction methods and detailing
- conscientious, proactive and enthusiastic approach to working and ambition to take on project-running responsibilities
- ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- excellent communication skills and confidence in engaging with design professionals and clients
- good working knowledge of UK building regulations and planning system
- experience on site and ideally with contract administration
- experience in residential design, and ideally on bespoke residential projects
- working knowledge of Vectorworks 2D and ideally 3D, and Adobe Suite
- good sketching ability
- excellent written and spoken English essential
Salary subject to experience.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and available to start in March/April.
Sandy Rendel Architects is an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply
Please send a CV, examples of your work, max.10 pages and a cover letter explaining your motivation to email@example.com (no larger than 10MB).
Or by post to:
Sandy Rendel Architects
Unit 20A, Iliffe Yard
Application deadline: 21 March
Interviews to commence: 5 March