Santiago Calatrava is seeking a BIM expert to join our head office in Zurich, Switzerland.
The successful candidate will work closely with the architects and engineers for the successful delivery of drawings and models for highly challenging projects around the world. This role will require a combination of exemplary technical, organizational, and teamwork skills. We are seeking a team member to be focused on BIM coordination; those seeking positions as an architect or engineer should refer to the website for current openings.
Duties and job functions:
- responsible for further developing, implementing and enforcing office-wide (for our Zurich and Dubai offices) modelling and documentation standards, templates, file structures, and BIM workflows
- provide technical support in Revit across multiple project teams. Assist with BIM setup, answer software questions, troubleshoot BIM-related design issues, and provide Revit training to staff as needed
- interface with consultants to collaborate in a BIM environment with regular model sharing, coordination, and clash detection
- help devise strategies for the integration of non-Revit 3D models (such as Inventor or Rhino) into a BIM environment
- provide quality control for completeness and adherence to company and industry standards of the project submissions
- develop Revit content in response to project needs and to supplement company library
- support with the printing, file upload, and archiving of deliverables
- liaise with international experts, software support, and vendors as needed; keep office informed of new BIM industry developments
- minimum five years’ experience as a Revit coordinator
- expert knowledge of Revit and the AutoDesk suite. (Please note that the office does not use Vectorworks)
- applicants who are proficient in Revit Structure, Inventor, Navisworks, and visual programming like Dynamo will be treated preferentially
- prior experience working with complex geometry and/or scripting in Revit is desired
- ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic office with tight deadlines
- as this role will require working with every member of the office at various times, exemplary teamwork skills and positivity are mandatory
- professional fluency in English is essential; additional language skills are highly valued
- EU or Swiss Nationality or otherwise eligible for employment in Switzerland
- cover letter stating candidates’ level, relevant skills and experience
- resume or CV that meet the qualifications listed above (two pages or less)
- portfolio of work samples in PDF format (max. 5MB) or as hardcopy (max. A4 format)
For the successful candidate, we can offer a long-term collaboration with our multinational team of CAD specialists, architects and engineers on international projects.
Calatrava Valls SA
Human Resource Architects
T: +41 44 204 50 00
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.