Stephen Burks Man Made is hiring an industrial designer to join its team in Brooklyn, New York.
We are a hands-on collaborative design studio deeply invested in the transformative power of craft techniques that challenge the limits of new technologies within industrial production.
Our projects include furniture, installations, lighting, packaging, and product design for some of the world’s leading design-driven brands.
We seek a visionary industrial designer with a minimum of three years experience to take abstract material or process-driven briefs and develop them into commercial consumer products across a range of disciplines from furniture, to lighting, to packaging.
- work independently to translate design direction into real product solutions
- develop professional concept presentations from initial sketches to photo-realistic renderings and design details
- understand our clients’ history, values, and goals
- express concepts beautifully through hand-sketches, CAD, and scale model making
- advanced degree in industrial design
- excellent communication, collaboration, and time management skills
- an in-depth knowledge of the contemporary design industry and marketplace
- mastery of SolidWorks, Fusion360, and Keyshot are essential
- advanced knowledge of hands-on rapid prototyping and shop skills across a range of materials and processes is a plus
- must have US citizenship or Green Card and, ideally, reside in New York City
We look forward to hearing from you.