Tom Postma Design is hiring a design and project manager to join its team in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Tom Postma Design (TPD) is a spatial design studio located in Amsterdam, specialising in art related spaces. Our breadth of work ranges from small scale exhibitions to the entire design of some of the world’s leading art fairs; and from the private homes of art collectors to temporary and permanent museum architecture. At every scale our focus remains the same: to create spaces that enhance and support the artworks and objects on display.
We are looking for a design and project manager to join our team. Someone with strong project management skills, a good sense for quality and design.
Who you are:
- you have five plus years’ experience in a design office environment, with responsibilities in managing projects. Experience with interiors, exhibitions, art fairs or other art-related spaces is a huge plus
- you have written and verbal English language skills. Skills in French and Dutch are a plus
- you are an all-rounder: strong in client contact, cost and project management, but you also understand design concepts and are able to draw things up yourself. You are confident presenting and chairing meetings
- you bring up ‘out of the box’ ideas and have access to suppliers
- you are time-flexible, and don’t mind traveling for work abroad for about a week now and then
- you are an enthusiastic personality, driven and in–dependent worker, a strong and trusted sparring partner, but a good listener as well with a keen eye for details and accurate in communication
- knowledge of ArchiCAD and Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator) is a plus
- you are able to join us for a long-term cooperation, average 36 hrs per week
- you are currently living in the Netherlands or willing to relocate
- you have an interest in the arts and/or cultural world
TPD offers you the chance to be part of high-level design studio in a niche sector of the profession. You will work with 12 passionate colleagues in a fast-paced environment. Do you recognize yourself in this profile? Please forward a separate resume, portfolio / project overview and short motivation letter (all in pdf format, max 5MB) via the apply for job button below.