Waechter Architecture is seeking a director of business development to join its practice in Oregon, USA.
The director of business development is responsible for leading the new business and profile-building of the practice. The director will work collaboratively with the principal and marketing coordinator to devise and implement a strategic plan to generate interest from potential clients. The ideal candidate will research and develop new leads, plan persuasive approaches and pitches, and outline actionable targets to chart progress. They will be adaptable and self-motivated, creative and analytical, and continuously refining best practices to win new business.
- develop a thorough knowledge of the firm’s portfolio and the solutions/services WA can provide
- conduct market research and gather information on potential clients and projects to identify key prospects
- in-depth knowledge of industry trade organizations, publications, conferences, and events
- cold call as appropriate within identified market to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging WA’s current network
- represent the studio at market-facing events
- participate in the development of proposal strategy and assist in writing proposal sections and preparing qualification packages/award submissions with internal team
- experience in a business development or client management role; prior experience in the creative, design, architecture industry preferred
- excellent interpersonal skills
- proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite
- ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- degree in architecture preferred
All candidates must submit a cover letter and resume using the ‘apply’ link below. Please no phone calls or drop-in inquiries.