West 8 is seeking a communications professional to join its team in Rotterdam, Netherlands.
West 8 urban design and landscape architecture, established in 1987, is an international company with offices in Rotterdam, Brussels and New York.
We are looking for an experienced and creative all-round communications professional (full time) who will be responsible for proactively promoting our studio’s projects and raising brand awareness among our north American stakeholders and audiences.
The successful candidate will be part of our public relations and business development team, based out of our main office in Rotterdam. You will work in close contact with our studio in New York.
This position requires a strong sense for design and visual communication combined with a fluency in English and excellent writing skills (European level C2).
A selection of the main tasks for this position:
- raising West 8’s profile in north America through proactive and strategic PR
- expanding our network of relevant media contacts
- leading preparations for RFP’s/RFQ’s
- preparing a wide range of written and visual communication content including press releases, award submissions and project profiles
- answering incoming PR, press and publisher enquiries
- managing website and social media
- managing contacts and project databases
- maintaining the image library
- bachelor’s degree in design, arts, cultural studies, communication or journalism
- previous working experience in the design field is a prerequisite
- at least two years working experience in a marketing, communications or PR position
- experience with RFP/RFQ preparations
- proficient in Adobe CS: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- basic knowledge of West 8’s body of work
- flexibility in working hours
- confidence in working in a complex and international environment
- eligibility to work in the Netherlands
- bilingual ability is a plus
West 8 offers an informal and inspiring work environment with a creative and international team. We encourage personal and creative initiatives that help us improve our company.
Please apply by submitting your resume, motivation letter and a relevant portfolio by 30 September 2018 at the latest using the ‘apply’ link below.