David Chipperfield Architects in London is hiring a personal assistant for the founder to cover maternity leave.
David Chipperfield Architects is a leading international practice with offices in London, Berlin, Milan and Shanghai. We are looking for a personal assistant for David Chipperfield (and his wife Evelyn Stern) to work in our business support team. This full time, fixed term role demands a dedicated self-starter with team spirit who shares our creative ambitions. Vacancy is a 10-13 month maternity cover from mid-November 2017.
– putting together complex international travel itineraries
– researching best flight connections/costs
– online check in for flights, third party authorisation forms for hotels, visa applications etc
– ensuring that he has all necessary documentation and background information
– liaise with ES and directors with regards to diary and other matters
– coordinating DC’s time with DCA London, Berlin, Milan and Shanghai offices
– attend meetings with senior staff when appropriate such as weekly diary meetings
– diary management
– updating contacts on database and Outlook
– file and archive emails in public folders
– compiling invoices and expenses
– assisting ES with personal and private administration
– gathering and replying to invitations and corporate hospitality
– researching travel options for family holidays, getting competitive quotes
– booking private travel
– organisation of social events
Skills and competencies:
– MS Office
– proficiency in administrative and secretarial duties
– professional and confident telephone manner
– fluent written and spoken English. Spanish or German would be an advantage
– good researcher, a fact finder
– attention to detail
– strong multi-tasking skills
– cooperative and helpful
– professional with positive problem-solving attitude
– able to work under pressure
To apply please send a CV with concise motivation letter indicating your availability and salary expectations.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, within two weeks of receipt of your application.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
David Chipperfield Architects is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies please.
Part-II architectural assistants
at Allies and Morrison