Foster + Partners is looking for an interior designer to join its team in London.
Foster + Partners, the award winning, integrated design practice have an excellent opportunity for an interior designer to join one of our team based in one of the studios in Battersea, south west London.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- to understand the design project
- to prepare, and develop where required, drawings, models, images, material and mood boards and other documents relating to the design
- to assist where required in the co-ordination of the internal design team
- to take responsibility, where required by the project leader, for specific areas of the design and project development
- to liaise, where appropriate, with members of the external design team and other associated organisations or companies
Qualities and skills required:
- legally able to work in the country in which the position is based
- have an Industry recognised diploma or degree in interior design or architecture
- able to understand and formulate design decisions and present for discussion
- able to integrate design requirements with architecture
- able to use a variety of media in the development and documentation of a design project
- understanding of the designers role in the coordination and integration of project information and management
- able to assist with the management of junior assistant designers on the team
- understanding of financial aspects of running a design project on time and on budget
- able to use some of the following: MicroStation, PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, Internet Explorer, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
If you would like to be considered for the position please apply with a CV and portfolio using this link.