Kvadrat is seeking a design coordinator to join its practice in Hamburg, Germany.
Are you looking to join a design company that is taking an active part in contemporary culture, and furthering your career in an international environment?
Kvadrat is the world’s leading manufacturer of design textiles. It supplies architects, designers and private consumers across the world with textiles and textile-related products.
For the brand Kinnasand and its product development team, we are currently looking for a design coordinator working out of our design studio in Hamburg.
You will join the team to develop curtain textiles in close collaboration with our suppliers and designers on an international level. In practice this means designing and coordinating the development process from a designer’s starting concept till the finished product is stocked in our warehouse.
Running collection related projects for curtain textiles will be your main priority. The position requires a high level of flexibility, as there are many context shifts during one day; e.g. one minute you are brainstorming concepts and ideas with the team, the next you are dealing with technical details of textile related processes.
In addition, you will be expected to continuously keep yourself updated on techniques and materials, art and design.
The product development team at Kinnasand is connected by a strong team spirit and consists of designers, both internal and external and design coordinators working from the headquarter. Ambitions and tempo are high and everybody is passionate about bringing quality into everything we do.
Our Design Studio is located in Hamburg. You can expect 40-50 days of travelling a year, mainly visits to the headquarter Kinnasand in Westerstede, international suppliers and fairs worldwide.
Qualifications and competencies:
- you have a relevant educational background, e.g. textile designer, designer or textile engineer with focus on design
- you have one to three years of previous experience from a textile design team (this experience can be achieved during your studies)
- as the ideal candidate, you have a profound knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and experience in a digital project management system
- you are driven by a deep interest in textile materials, methods and processes and your work possesses a strong sense of Nordic aesthetics and feel for colour
- as you will work in cross-functional teams good communication skills are key
- you are capable of being persistent in reaching the team’s goals while showing respect and empathy for the people you work with
- you have professional proficiency in English, both written and oral. A fair knowledge of German is an advantage
Kinnasand is the residential collection within the Kvadrat universe. Originally from Kinna in southern Sweden, Kinnasand produces subtle yet clear Nordic designs for contemporary homes.
The Kinnasand collection comprises premium quality curtains and hand woven and hand knotted rugs. Characterised by outstanding craftsmanship, meticulous attention to detail and tactile structures, these are crafted from the finest materials by world-leading manufacturers and artisans.
Refined and iconic, the Kinnas and collection is typified by sensual surfaces, individual colours and sophisticated construction techniques.
If you have any questions regarding the position, you are welcome to contact Isa Glink, creative director, at [email protected].
We expect the employment to start as soon as possible.