Studio Piet Boon is seeking a product designer in Oostzaan, the Netherlands.
As an internationally renowned design studio that specializes in total concepts, Studio Piet Boon designs special exteriors, interiors and products. Its high-end client portfolio includes turnkey private homes, offices, hotels, restaurants and public developments. The leading designs from Studio Piet Boon are distinguished because of the balance between functionality, aesthetics and individuality. The studio sees its mission is to inspire and amaze its customers continuously.
Our team is looking for a full-time product designer
The successful candidate will report directly to the creative directors and will assist with delivering multiple projects at one time. The role will involve working within a team. You will be responsible for realising magnificent designs that go beyond everyone’s imagination. Research, concept development, hand sketch, 2D and 3D technical specifications, renderings and presentations will be a part of your job. You can follow a wide scope of projects including furniture, lighting, product an packaging design. You can also take a concept from a sketch to a 3D model and through to final technical drawings ready for manufacturing.
Requirements and experience
- minimum education, a Bachelor’s degree in design
- two plus years of relevant experience as product designer
- proficient in Adobe CS
- experienced in Solidworks or other 3D software
- superior conceptual approach to materials, colors, proportions, shape and construction
- excellent understanding of manufacturing techniques
- be able to sell design ideas
- reliable and professional
- organised and efficient
- need to know and feel comfortable with all product design stages
- ability to think conceptually and feel comfortable joining projects after concept stages
- experienced with prototype revisions
- living in Amsterdam or willingness to re-locate to Amsterdam
- fluent in English
Are you the person who wants to contribute to an inspiring and creative environment and to the growth of Studio Piet Boon worldwide?
Send an email with your portfolio, motivation and resume to: email@example.com
Experienced Part-III architect
at Paul Vick Architects
Part-II architectural assistant/architect
at Gibson Thornley