Jennifer Newman Studio is looking for a CAD technician to join its office in London.
Jennifer Newman Studio designs, manufactures and supplies interior and exterior furniture for clients such as Facebook, Google, Nike and Apple.
We are seeking a talented CAD technician to join our central London studio.
The role will require you to work closely with our in-house team and liaise with our workshop to ensure the successful implementation of projects. You will be expected to take responsibility for a wide range of tasks, ranging from creating detailed manufacture drawings to working onsite to aid and oversee the installation of projects.
You will be a practical, hands-on, problem solver with an inquisitive attitude to manufacture and design.
- producing detailed 2D technical drawings to a high standard for manufacture
- aiding the adjustment and development of 3D CAD models
- liaising with our workshop and external contractors to initiate projects and ensure efficient and accurate execution
- tracking of workshop stock
- assisting ongoing product development as part of the design team
- producing high-quality photo-realistic renders for clients and online platforms
- advanced in Solidworks, sheet metal, 3D Sketch and configuration knowledge a must
- ability to produce accurate fully defined models and detailed technical drawings for manufacture
- workshop experience an advantage
- extensive and varied knowledge of different materials and manufacturing processes relevant to the furniture industry essential
- critical thinking and a good technical understanding crucial
- production of high-quality renders using KeyShot
- very good skills in Adobe Creative Suite
- sufficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- a background in furniture design or/and product/industrial design
- experience within the furniture industry in design and manufacture
- the ability to work in a team with an aptitude for problem-solving
- very high-level of organisation and time management
- ability to handle uncertainty and be proactive in new and unfamiliar situations
- highly dependable, resourceful with a sharp eye for detail
- English speaking with good written and verbal communication skills
Ideally, candidates will have one to two years of industry experience, but not crucial.
How to apply
Please submit your CV, a short cover letter and a mini-portfolio (PDF not exceeding 5MB) by clicking the ‘apply’ link below.
Applicants who progress through to the interview stage will be notified via email. We endeavour to respond to all applicants but sometimes this is not possible due to a high volume of responses. If you have not been notified within two weeks of your email date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful.
You must be able to commute to Clerkenwell.
Working hours are from 9:00 am-17:30 pm, Monday to Friday or as required.
A competitive salary will be offered based on skill and experience.
Applications are strictly via Dezeen submission; no emails or calls will be taken on this matter. No agencies.
Jennifer Newman Studio is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
Jennifer Newman is an equal opportunities employer.