New York, USA
at Michaelis Boyd
Michaelis Boyd is looking for a lead designer with seven plus years’ of experience to join its team in New York.
We are an interior design practice with an architectural influence working on a wide range of exciting residential and commercial projects in the US, UK and across Europe, Asia, Africa and South America. We are involved in all aspects of design, producing unique and inspiring design schemes.
Our ideal candidate will have an excellent design portfolio, in depth understanding of interior construction, good specification knowledge, and experience of completing complex projects.
We are looking for a person with an independent, progressive attitude who can think on their feet and design simultaneously.
- oversee and develop the Michaelis Boyd design offering/ethos across the studio
- showcase knowledge to current interior and furniture trends
- strong FFE design and specifications skills
- produce creative conceptual designs (3D, 2D and hand-drawings) on a number of different project types
including high-end residential projects (2 million-10 million) and mixed-use commercial projects (high-quality restaurants, bars and hotels)
- refurbishment/fitouts/new build schemes
- produce design documents and schedules from concept design to installation
- liaise directly with clients, external consultants and suppliers
- project management that keeps in line with project timeframes and budgets and company fees
- involved in project invoicing and leasing with accounts team to ensure fee payments are in keeping with project development
- manage and train project teams and provide support and feedback to more junior team members
- technical – demonstrable examples of technical drawings and specifications
- project management – ability to work on simultaneous projects with a quick turnaround of thorough, detailed, accurate drawings
- technical – advanced knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign), CAD drawing package (preferably Vectorworks), SketchUp, Spexx and Design Spec (or similar) will be an advantage
- relationship management – excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to present your work
internally to partners as well as clients
- leadership – experience managing a team
At Michaelis Boyd we encourage all staff to demonstrate the following qualities:
- working together and supporting each other
- creative thinking
- being proactive
- previous work experience in architectural/interior design practices
- Portfolio to include high level of design work including hand-drawings, high level of ID documentation
Michaelis Boyd is an equal opportunities employer.
We offer a competitive benefits package; salary is dependent on experience.
Please submit your CV with examples of your work via the apply for job button below.
Please only include your work samples as a PDF (less than 10MB) with no links to any external websites.